Gerstad Builders sees home buyers every day who are excited to move into their McHenry County new homes, but must first sell their current residence. There are a few easy tips to get your home in tip-top shape so it will sell as fast as possible. Your existing home needs to stand out from the rest so that you can move up to your dream home in no time. Most improvements are small and inexpensive but make a huge difference:
- Banish clutter – Those trinkets from vacation or your extensive candle collection should be put away when buyers are touring your home. Buyers need to envision themselves in your home. Plus, with some of your personal belongings already tucked away, it will be easier to finish packing once your home sells.
- Neutral paint – Even if your home is painted a calming neutral color, a fresh coat will freshen the space.
- Re-carpet if needed – Re-carpeting the home, especially high traffic areas, make buyers feel like they are in a new environment, and the cost really isn’t that expensive. Don’t let buyers use worn-out carpet as a bargaining tool.
- Check off that to-do list – All of the little things you’ve meant to do, finish them. Replacing the kitchen cabinet knobs, faucets and towel bars are all small-cost items that can make a big impact.
- Take a look outside – Should the hedges be trimmed, or exterior pressure washed? If you make the investment on the outside of the home, buyers are likely to see how well-cared for the property is.
Follow these tips and you can be moving in to your new home sooner than you may have thought. To see all of the beautiful new homes communities where Gerstad Builders constructs elegant homes, visit the website.