Whether you live in the city or suburbs, there are plenty of fun holiday events to take advantage of from now until New Year’s!
Here’s the scoop on some of the best Chicagoland happenings that you won’t want to miss!
Events in the City
- City Hall Holiday Concerts, 121 North La Salle St.: Enjoy the sounds of children’s choirs from all over Chicago. Stop by the building at noon every weekday for a free performance! Now through December 21.
- Holidays of Light Exhibit at the Museum of Science Industry, 5700 South Lake Shore Dr.: Celebrate a variety of holidays from around the world with this fascinating display that covers a wide range of global traditions. Now through January 6.
- Millennium Park Ice Rink: If you didn’t get a chance to stop by during Thanksgiving, there is still plenty of time to enjoy skating with family and friends! The rink is open through mid-March 2013, weather permitting.
Events in the Burbs
- The Second City’s Holidays in the Heights, 111 W. Campbell St., Arlington Heights: Enjoy laugh out loud comedy that pokes fun at holiday traditions such as gift giving, traveling and family gatherings. Now through January 4.
- The Gingerbread Festival, downtown Downer’s Grove at Main Street and Curtiss Street: Gather the entire family and enjoy carriage rides, story time, a gingerbread house contest and more! Now through December 31.
- Jolly Holidays at the Legoland Discovery Center, The Streets of Woodfield Mall, 601 N. Martingale Road, Schaumburg: This is a great event if you have lots of little ones in town! Enjoy winter-themed building challenges, holiday scavenger hunts and plenty of fun photo opportunities with life-size snowmen! Now through January 1.
Once you’ve finished your gift shopping and entertaining, why not relax and enjoy one of these seasonal festivities?