December may be one of the busiest times of the year, but don’t get so caught up in holiday shopping that you forget to decorate your new homes in Chicago!
- Go vintage. This year, holiday decor is all about embracing themes from the past. Light up your home with vintage bulbs and rustic gold and silver decor.
- Rethink your color scheme. Sure, red will always be a classic holiday color, but why not incorporate some of this year’s paint trends into your seasonal decor? Try updating the look of your home with plum, garnet and royal blue.
- Don’t skimp on lights. Standard candles can get pretty boring, so string lights in mason jars and place them on a mantle or dining room table.
- Try a monochromatic look. While it can be fun to mix and match colors, you can save yourself time by focusing on just one color this holiday season. Pick one hue, like royal blue, for example, and coordinate each room using that shade.
- Glitz and glam. In a recent trends article on winter home decor, we reported that glitter and metallic home accessories are all the rage, so don’t be shy about adding some sparkle!
We’d love to hear your holiday decor tips, so feel free to share your ideas!