Barrington, Illinois offers residents a suburban oasis with lots of coffee shops, parks, and boutiques. The local public schools are highly rated, making it a great place to raise a family. Overall, Barrington is full of culture, entertainment, and recreational activities. Make the move to Barrington and explore all of its unique attractions.
There are plenty of reasons to make the move to Barrington, Illinois. According to Zillow, the average home value in Barrington is currently $478,269. This is a 3.2% increase over the past year. Another key benefit of living in Barrington is the walkability. The city has a walk score of 89 and a bike score of 67! Most errands can be accomplished on foot and bikers will find the city easy to navigate. It’s also important to note that Chicago is only 45 minutes away by car if you take I-90 E. You could also take the train to avoid city traffic and parking fees.
- Neoteca: Authenticity is a given at this Italian restaurant. Located at 130 S Hough St, this delicious spot sources their ingredients locally as much as possible to ensure that every dish tastes fresh and delicious. The bulk of their imports, however, come directly from Italy. While Neoteca offers a variety of dishes, their heart and soul lies with pizza. These delicious pies are made from scratch and cooked in a wood-fired oven. We know you’ll enjoy every bite at this authentic restaurant.
- Ciao Baby!: Ciao Baby! is a family-run restaurant located at 232 E Main St. They are proud to serve exquisite and authentic Italian cuisine to their hungry guests. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is casual; it’s the perfect combination! Stop by and enjoy a tasty meal with family or friends!
- Big Iron Horse Barbecue: The team at Big Iron Horse knows that you want dining out to be more than just a meal. From the moment you arrive, they work hard to ensure that you have a memorable experience. Each dish is carefully planned and made to appeal to all the senses. By blending flavors and cooking techniques of the Southwest and Caribbean, they have crafted a truly unique way of experiencing barbecue. Come on over to 205 Park Ave for a meal you won’t forget.
- G&G Women’s Boutique: This small, independently-owned company is nestled in the charming streets of downtown Barrington. The fashion experts who work there provide a variety of fashion choices for local ladies. Their main goal is to make sure each customer feels more Gorgeous and Glamorous than they did before visiting.
- Savvy Spirit: Savvy Spirit is located at 200 Applebee St in the history Ice House Mall and Village Shops in downtown Barrington. They are passionate about finding new, unique, sophisticated, and contemporary pieces. Additionally, they have plenty of team members to help you choose the best pieces for you! This shop is perfect for the fashion-savvy woman.
Special events occur throughout the year in Barrington! These family-friendly events give everyone a chance to gather in town and enjoy the community. In the spring, you can enjoy events like Breakfast with Bunny or the Barrington Wine Walk. Come summer, you can attend the Flesk Fest Outdoor Beer Garden and the Cardboard Boat Regatta. Additionally, the fall offers fun events like Oktoberfest and a Scarecrow Festival. Finally, you can enjoy the Barrington Holiday Festival and Tree Lighting as well as the Oscar Shorts Film Festival in the winter months.
As you can see, there are many reasons to make the move to Barrington. The culture, community, and cuisine are just the tip of the iceberg with this fun town. Click here to view all available properties in Barrington.