Lake Zurich is home to nearly 20 thousand people and one of the best places to live in Illinois. The suburb offers residents plenty of restaurants, shops, and parks to enjoy. According to Niche, many young professionals live there to enjoy the sparse suburban feel and relatively low cost of living. Here’s a little more about the town of Lake Zurich and some of its benefits.
There are many perks to living in Lake Zurich, Illinois. One of the benefits is that the cost of living is relatively low. According to Zillow, the average home value in this suburb is $356,010. This value is seasonally adjusted and only includes the middle price tier of homes. Another reason to move to Lake Zurich is its walk score. Walk Score gives Lake Zurich a score of 32, which means that it is a car dependent city. Most errands will require a car, but there are places that can be reached on foot or a bike. This will vary depending on the exact location of your home. Finally, Lake Zurich is only 1 hour and 12 minutes away from the city of Chicago. These are just some of the reasons to make the move to this little utopia.
- Beelow’s Steakhouse: Beelow’s is proud to feature locally-raised cuts of beef and pork from Brother Duane’s prized stock. This meat along with slow-roasted prime rib, fresh seafood, and locally soured produce make this restaurant so amazing. Come in and enjoy some of their special wines and menu items. Beelow’s Steakhouse is located at 763 S Rand Rd.
- The Hungry Mule: Founded in 2018, The Hungry Mule strives to bring great burgers to the Lake Zurich area. Stop in and try one of their many gourmet burgers, sandwiches, and salads. You’ll also love the fun and welcoming atmosphere. You can find the Hungry Mule at 463 S Rand Rd.
- Consume: The folks at Consume want customers to do three simple things: shop, eat, and drink. Their bottle shop and bar offer a collection of carefully curated craft beers, whiskeys, bourbons, spirits, and wines. Their food is sourced from the purest and freshest taste possible. When it comes down to it, their mission is to provide great food and drinks in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Basically, just consume! Stop by 569 W Rte 22 for a great time!
- Copper Fiddle Distillery: Located at 532 W IL Rte 22 and has been crafting some of the most unique and delicious spirits in the midwest since 2013. All of their spirits are distilled in house and used by their artisan bartenders to concoct some of the tastiest original cocktails around. Come in and taste the best spirits around for yourself! It’ll be an experience you won’t forget!
- Clay Monet: This local, family-owned business is unlike any other art studio you’ve ever been to. Let your creativity flow at this fun studio. Clay Monet has no studio or firing fees, unlike many of their competitors. You simply pay the price of the item on the shelf! It’s a fun and relatively inexpensive way to spend some time with loved ones. Stop by the studio at 532 W State Rte 22.
There is so much to love about Lake Zurich! With all of the great parks, restaurants, and schools, it’s the perfect place for your family to reside. If you would like to see all available properties in Lake Zurich, click here.