Libertyville is a suburb of Chicago with a population of just over 20 thousand people. According to Niche, Libertyville is one of the best places to live in Illinois. The town offers residents a dense suburban feel filled with restaurants and parks. The public schools in Libertyville are highly rated, making it the perfect place to raise a family. Learn a little more about this utopian suburb in this blog.
Libertyville offers many benefits to its residents. One of the many perks of living here is the cost of living. According to Zillow, the current average home value in Libertyville is $448,669. Additionally, Walk Score has give this suburb a score of 37. This means that most errands will require a car, but some errands can be accomplished on foot or bike. This, of course, will vary depending on your exact location. Finally, Libertyville is only 1 hour and 12 minutes away from the city of Chicago. You could also hop on the train to the city if you want to avoid city traffic.
- Bottaio: Located at 946 N Milwaukee Ave, Bottaio is a free-standing, two-story stucco building with lots of character and great food. The restaurant opened in 1997 and has since become an integral part of the community. This restaurant serves both residents and businesses with pride and professionalism. Fresh vegetables, fish, and various meats prepared as modern interpretations of traditional dishes from the Abruzzo region of Italy. Stop by for a great time and delicious meal.
- Austin’s: Austin’s sources ingredients from local vendors and farmers to provide you with the freshest and tastiest ingredients around. They have developed the menu to be ever-changing and always providing you with new and exceptional dishes. You can find Austin’s at 481 Peterson Rd.
- Dos Amigos Mexican Restaurant: Are you in the mood for delicious food using fresh ingredients? If so, Dos Amigos is the perfect place for you. They offer fantastic meals that can be enjoyed anywhere. Their menu features a host of mouth-watering dishes and scratch made specials. Dos Amigos is located at 101 W Rockland Rd.
- Hawthorn Mall: Located at 122 Hawthorn Center, this mall is a lively and trusted destination for fishing, dining and entertainment. Hawthorn Mall is a super-regional shopping center anchored by stores like Macy’s and JCPenney. Stop by for a good time and great finds!
- Adler Cultural Center: Located at 1600 N Milwaukee Ave, the Adler Cultural Center is the former home of David Adler – one of Chicago’s greatest architects. Each week, the center welcomes thousands of local and nearby residents to participate in art and music classes, concerts, art exhibitions, and so much more! Stop by Tuesday through Saturday for a great time.
- Biking and Hiking Paths: With over 8 miles of bike paths and over 500 acres of parks, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the outdoors in Libertyville. Take a look at this map of the paths and parks, which also includes a summary of available facilities.
Libertyville is a great place to live! With so many great restaurants, parks, and schools, it could be the perfect place for you and your family. If you would like to see all of the available properties in Libertyville, click here.