If You've Moved Recently, the IRS Might Owe You Money

Did you get your refund check from the IRS this year?
If the answer is yes: Congratulations.
If the answer is no, move on to the next question:
Have you changed addresses recently?
The Internal Revenue Service says it has $164.6 million in refund checks due to 111,893 taxpayers that are undeliverable due to mailing address errors.
More than $4 million of that money is owed to over 3,600 Illinois taxpayers.
Whether you have moved recently or not, if you know the IRS owes you money and you haven’t received your check, you might have to update your address.
“We want to make sure taxpayers get the money owed to them,” said IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman. “If you think you are missing a refund, the sooner you update your address information, the quicker you can get your money.”
To update your address or check on the whereabouts of your refund:
*Visit IRS.gov and click on the Where’s My Refund? tool
*Call (800) 829-1954
The undelivered refund checks average $1,47 nationwide and approximately $1,100 in Illinois.
To eliminate any further confusion, the IRS recommends that taxpayers choose direct deposit when they file their taxes. Not only will the funds be directly deposited right into your bank account, but there are also options to split a refund into multiple accounts or even buy a savings bond.