Highland Park is a suburb of Chicago with a population of just under 30 thousand people. According to Niche, Highland Park has a dense suburban feel and lots of local restaurants and café’s for everyone to enjoy! In addition, the public schools are highly rated and the area is very safe, making it a great place to raise a family. Let’s dive deeper into the benefits of living in Highland Park!
Zillow says that the average home value in Highland Park is $555,338. This is a little higher than other neighborhoods in Illinois, but it is a nice, safe area. Additionally, the town does have a walk score of 41, which means that most errands require a car. Highland Park does have some public transportation and is somewhat bike able. This will all vary depending on the exact location of your home. Another great benefit to living here is that it is only a 40 minute drive away from Chicago!
- Bluegrass: Located at 1636 Old Deerfield Rd, Bluegrass is a casual restaurant in Highland Park. With a cozy setting nestled into the west side of town it is a true destination. Complete with a warm, friendly bar and an American flare, Bluegrass blends a little Southern influence into its repertoire.
- Mizrahi Grill: Home of the real shawarma sandwich, Mizrahi Grill is the place to be. All of their meat is raised in a hormone-free environment and is certified Kosher after a very thorough inspection. Their family recipes have been passed down through generations, using fresh ingredients and spices which also contain incredible health benefits. Not only is the food good, but it’s also good for you! You can find Mizrahi Grill at 215 Skokie Valley Rd.
- That Little French Guy: Located at 1791 Saint Johns Ave, That Little French Guy is dedicated to bringing the know-how of a traditional French Pâtisserie to Illinois. This modern café has a casual atmosphere and serves outstandingly decadent pastries. Get ready to be transported right to Paris.
- Port Clinton Square: Conveniently located at 600 Central Ave, Port Clinton Square offers customers a variety of both shopping and dining options.
- Ravinia Brewing Co: Located at 582 Roger Williams Ave, Ravinia Brewing Co. is a gathering place for friends and family to connect. Besides incredible craft brews, they have a taco bar, scratch kitchen, and the best beer garden on the North Shore. Head on over to Ravinia Brewing Co. today for a great time and a great brew!
- Ravinia Festival: Ravinia is North America’s oldest and most musically diverse music festival. The arena presents over 140 different events throughout the summer, ranging from Yo-Yo-Ma to John Legend. Additionally, the 36-acre park is nestled in a gently wooded area that makes it an enchanting place to experience music. Ravinia Festival is located at 418 Sheridan Rd.
- North Shore Salt Therapy Center: Today, Halotherapy is provided throughout the world as a natural alternative and complimentary way of improving general wellness. In addition, this type of therapy can aid respiratory issues, skin conditions, detoxification, and plenty more. North Shore Salt Therapy can provide you with the right microclimate to benefit from the magic of salt therapy. Visit them at 1282 Old Skokie Rd.
The one thing we know for sure at Chicago Real Estate Forum is that Highland Park is a great place to live. In addition to all of the things listed in this blog, there are plenty of reasons to make the move to this incredible city. If you are interested in moving to Highland Park and want to learn more about any available homes, click here.