If you are looking to settle down in a suburb of Chicago but haven’t found the perfect place just yet, you may want to consider Buffalo Grove. With a population of just over 41 thousand people, Buffalo Grove is one of the best places to live in Illinois. Residents have an urban/suburban feel with all of the restaurants, coffee shops, and entertainment available to them. The parks and schools are all highly rated, making it an ideal place to raise a family. Here’s a little more about Buffalo Grove and the things that make it so wonderful.
Buffalo Grove is a relatively affordable place to buy real estate. The average home value is $322,740. Buffalo Grove has a walk score of 39 and a bike score of 56. Most errands will require a car, but the town is somewhat bike able. This will vary depending on the exact location of your home. Buffalo Grove is a 1 hour drive from Chicago if you take I-94 E. You could also take the Metra and be there in about 2 hours.
- Poké Hale: This is the best place in the Chicago area to get seriously fresh poké. All of their fish arrive fresh within hours of their catch. The chefs are highly-skilled professionals trained in the art of Hawaiian poké. This authentic restaurant is located at 154 McHenry Rd.
- Prairie House Tavern: As soon as you step into Prairie House Tavern, you know you’re somewhere special. With their cozy bar, airy patio, and smiling staff, it’s never long before their first-time customers turn into regulars. The menu is packed with all of your American favorites from pizza to salads. Located at 2710 N Main St, this is the best place to eat, drink, and relax.
- Flambé India: At Flambé India, the goal is to take you on a culinary journey to India. Enjoy unique, signature foods in a relaxing restaurant atmosphere. They serve lighter versions of Indian food with flavors that excite and satisfy without making you feel weighed down. You can find this restaurant at 1155 McHenry Rd.
- Axeplosion: When you come to Axeplosion, you’ll quickly see that they aren’t just big guys with muscles and beards. The Axeplosion team is there to provide a safe and reliable experience for all people. Bring your family, friends, or large groups here for a fun and inexpensive day at the range! Axeplosion is located at 178 McHenry Rd.
- K1 Speed: Have you ever been go-kart racing before and then left feeling a little underwhelmed? Most kart tracks fail to impress us, which is why K1 set out to create the best karting experience in America. At K1 Speed, every single track is professionally designed and built to guarantee a riveting experience. K1 Speed is located at 301 Hastings Dr. Stop by for a great time!
- Long Grove Confectionery Co: The confectioners at Long Grove use time-honored traditions and fine quality ingredients to make handcrafted chocolates that are simply delicious! Stop by 114 Old McHenry Rd to try one of their delicious treats!
Buffalo Grove is a great place to live. It’s a safe area with plenty to do. If you are looking for a great neighborhood just outside of Chicago, Buffalo Grove could be the place for you. To learn more about new homes in this area, click here.