Even if you are just starting out in the Chicago real estate business, there are always new things you can learn from fellow agents. However, there is one aspect of the job that can’t be taught in any real estate class. It does not matter if you work with just buyers or sellers or even both, what matters is the experience that your clients have when you are working with them. It is essential to leave a good and lasting impression on your clients so they will refer you to friends, family and use you in the future.
Your Chicago clients are looking for the ultimate buying or selling experience and they are looking to you as the expert to provide them with those services.
So what does that mean? This means that you want to deliver the maximum level of service and make it your goal to show your client the benefits of working with an agent – you! You have one chance to make a lasting first impression. It shouldn’t matter if they picked you as their agent from online, through a referral or at an open house, what matters is how you present yourself during those first moments that you met.
Tips for being a successful agent:
- Be enthusiastic and energetic when you greet your client for the first time. You want them to know that you love what you do.
- Extend your hand for a firm handshake and make eye contact.
- Create a system to organize your leads in order to manage them in a way that makes for a successful lead conversion. Create a time frame from follow ups that is realistic.
- Make sure to follow through with what you say you are going to do.
- Don’t under deliver to your client and do not make promises you can’t keep.
- Honoring their timeframe is essential. Set up an appointment if they are ready and get the ball rolling.
- If they aren’t quite ready, ask the appropriate questions in order to get a better understanding of their time frame. Be respectful of their time frame but make sure to follow up based on the system you created for leads.
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable about the housing market. Know about the schools and the communities and especially the homes in the areas that your potential client is looking to buy or sell. This will help to separate you from other agents if you are an expert at what you are saying and doing.
- Be positive and professional at all times.
Always keep in mind your sphere of influence (SOI) as well. This sphere can help you grow your business and increase the amount of leads you get. So who is your SOI? They are people you know and people you have come in contact with in your personal and work life. Essentially what you are doing is forming a network of people that can potentially help you grow your business. Remember, the more people who know and use your services can benefit you because they will hopefully be referring you to their own network of contacts.
By following these tips your real estate career can grow to be very successful.
For all things real estate in Chicago, look on Chicago Real Estate Forum.