Downers Grove is a suburb located just southwest of Chicago, Illinois. The town offers residents an urban/suburban feel and most residents own a home. There are many restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping options for residents to enjoy. Additionally, the public schools are highly rated and there are many many parks for families to enjoy. Discover what makes Downers Grove so special in this blog.
There are lots of benefits to living in Downers Grove. One of these benefits is the cost of living. Currently, Zillow lists the average home value in Downers Grove as $377,341. Another perk of living in Downers Grove is its location. This town has a walk score of 44, so most errands will require a car. This, of course, will vary depending on the exact location of your home. Additionally, a home in this area is very close to the city. Chicago is only a 45 minute drive away if you take I-88 to I-290 E. You can also take the train and arrive in only 40 minutes depending on the time you leave.
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse: Located at 3008 Finley Rd, Chama Gaucha Steakhouse has paved the way for world-class dining service and experience. They have brought the tradition and hospitality of Southern Brazil, the owners’ birthplace, to the states. This churrascarían will serve you a meal you’ll never forget.
- Capri of Downers Grove: Capri offers authentic Italian cuisine like hand-made pasta, fresh fish, brasciole, and osso bucco. The restaurant has large, floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over downtown. You’ll feel right at home in this beautiful and welcoming restaurant. Visit Capri at 5101 Main St.
- Cadence Kitchen & Co: This restaurant has an elevated and fresh aesthetic throughout the many rooms and industrial bar. Located at 5101 Mochel Drive, their menu is curated from the fields of the Midwest and has a very approachable menu.
- Finley Square Shopping Center: Finley Square is a 21-acre power center located in Downers Grove. The shopping center features a collection of national retailers like Five Below, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Michaels. It also offers a number of fast-casuals including Portillo’s! Check out this convenient shopping mall at 1500 Butterfield Road.
- Tivoli Theatre: This classic cinema theatre treats guests to shared movie moments to create a truly magical viewing experience. They have invested in the most advanced sound and projection technology so you’re fully immersed in the story without any distractions. The Tivoli Theatre is located at 5021 Highland Ave.
- Fuzzy Logic Escape Room: Located at 130 Ogden Ave, Fuzzy Logic provides families with a memorable experience. Their games allow everyone to enjoy escape rooms, regardless of age, ability, experience, or background. Break through the trance of digital screens and forge forward with trusted human connections.
Downers Grove is a great place to live. If you are interested in a great neighborhood just outside of Chicago, Downers Grove might be the perfect place for you. To learn more about available properties in the area, click here.