Trend: 20 DIY Lights for the Home!
The days are getting shorter and we’re turning on our lamps a lot sooner than we have since the Spring. I feel like it’s probably time that I update my lighting. This summer I painted with bleach to update a lampshade, but I feel like I need to do more. We don’t have a ton of built-in lighting in the home, so we have plenty of lampshades that need a little extra love. Below you’ll find twenty lighting inspiration ideas from around the web. All of these bloggers and designers are very talented, so enjoy!
1. Pom pom lampshade DIY, on A Subtle Revelry.
2. Do you have a party coming up? This live floral lampshade is so wonderful, on Paper & Stitch.
3. Yes, these pendant lights are made from yarn, on Brit.co.
4. Lovely woven lamps, on Poppytalk.
5. DIY Sputnik chandelier, on Little Green Notebook.
6. This DIY industrial bedside lamp is beautiful! It’s a 3-part DIY, on Nimi Design.
7. I love these recycled cardboard pendant lamps, on Sugar & Cloth.
8. Painting with bleach lampshade DIY, from The Paper Mama on BHG.
9. Vintage brass chandelier diy, on Craft & Couture.
10. Openwork cube pendant lamp, on Vintage Revivals.
11. This lovely gold dipped lamp was made with an old vase, on Making It With Danielle.
12. Yarn wrapped geometric lamp, on Say Yes.
13. Beautiful handmade dining room lighting, on Love & Renovations.
14. Anthropologie inspired floral lampshade, on The Gold Jellybean.
15. Lace doily pendant lamp diy, on Dos Family.
16. Paint the inside of Ikea’s glass Bran Lamp to add some glossy color to your room, on Cape Twenty Seven.
17. For $20 you can buy a template to make this really lovely Quilt Light, at The Six Week Boutique.
20. “Sleepover” light up headboard DIY, on A Beautiful Mess.
Do you have any plans to update your home lighting this fall?
– Chelsey, The Paper Mama
P.S. The photos in the first image are from A Beautiful Mess, Say Yes, Sugar & Cloth, A Subtle Revelry, Poppytalk, and Brit.co.