Avondale is a great neighborhood just northwest of Chicago. Avondale is unique because it encompasses a wide variety of communities and cultures. This vibrant community is home to a strong Polish community, beautiful Latino artwork, and some of the best craft beer in all of Chicago! You’ll definitely want to soak in every bit of culture and entertainment Avondale has to offer.
There are many reasons to make the move to Avondale and the cost of living is definitely one of them. Zillow says that the average home value in Avondale is $455,382. This great neighborhood also has a walk score of 84, a transit score of 68, and a bike score of 80. It is the 30th most walkable neighborhood in Chicago with 17,980 residents. Avondale has a good public transportation system and is very bike able. This, of course, will vary depending on your exact location.
- Avondale Tap: Located at 3634 W Belmont Ave, the Avondale Tap is the latest eating and drinking establishment from the group that brought your the Aberdeen Tap and G&O. The Avondale Tap strives to be your go-to neighborhood joint. Everyone is welcome to enjoy tasty eats, delicious beverages, and good times.
- Dapper’s East: Dapper’s East is a family-owned restaurant that’s been serving excellent food to Chicago for over 30 years. They aim to serve the best, quality food for our customers while providing a family-friendly environment and great service. Dapper’s East is located at 2901 W Addison Street.
- Mis Moles: Located at 3661 N Elston Ave, Mis Moles is a vibrant restaurant offering authentic, contemporary Mexican food. The menu is inspired by Chef Geno’s hometown and Mexico’s energy of the markets, which are so important to Mexican culture. Their menu combines traditional family recipes, season ingredients, and a modern sensibility to create soulful dishes.
- Smoque BBQ: Smoque BBQ is a neighborhood kind of place that cooks up BBQ good enough to make it a true destination. They believe barbecue is at its best when all of the powerful flavors combine and harmonize. The rich, natural flavors of the meat, the savory flavor of hardwood smoke, the spiciness of the rub, and the sweetness of the sauce perfectly align to create a BBQ heaven. This sensational restaurant is located at 3800 N Pulaski.
- Navy Pier: Navy Pier is the People’s Pier. Chicago’s lakefront treasure welcomes everyone to enjoy dynamic and electric experiences through partnerships that inspire discovery and wonder. You can visit Navy Pier at 600 E Grand Ave.
- Lincoln Park Zoo: Since 1868, Lincoln Park Zoo has grown side by side with the City of Chicago. Now, they touch the lives of many people around the world. Visitors learn about diverse species from across the planet at this popular cultural destination. This is a great spot for the whole family to learn something new and have fun at the same time. Lincoln Park Zoo is located at 2001 North Clark St.
Avondale continues to help the Chicago housing market maintain a steady growth. If you are looking for a great neighborhood in the city of Chicago, Avondale might be the perfect place for you. To learn more about available properties in this area, click here.