Arlington Heights is one of the best places to live in Illinois. The city’s 76 thousand residents enjoy a mix of urban and suburban living. Additionally, there are lots of restaurants, shops, attractions, and events to be enjoyed every day! You’ll find there is something for everyone to enjoy in Arlington Heights!
Arlington Heights is great place for prospective investors to purchase real estate. Currently, Zillow lists the average home value at $388,121. This is a 4.3% increase from last year. Arlington Heights also has a great walk score of 46. Although most errands will require a car, there are very walkable areas. This, of course, will depend on the exact location of your home. One last benefit of Arlington Heights is its proximity to the city of Chicago. You can drive to downtown in 40 minutes if you take I-90 E. You could also hop on the train to avoid the hassle of city driving and parking.
- Passero: This trattoria-inspired American restaurant is located in the heart of Arlington Heights at 3 S Evergreen Ave. It is the collaboration of Italian-American heritage over many generations and the culinary interpretations of chef Matt Peota. Additionally, Passero sources ingredients from the surrounding areas to reflect the seasonality of the midwest. Come enjoy this delicious restaurant with family, friends, or significant other.
- Mago Grill and Cantina: Located at 115 W Campbell St, Mago Grill and Cantina is a celebration of Mexico’s heritage and the home of award-winning chefs Juan Luis Gonzales and Rich Munoz. Their menu is made up of authentic favorites like fresh guacamole, suiza-style burritos, and unique takes on classic dishes like tacos and fajitas. Come on in and taste it for yourself!
- Palm Court Restaurant: Palm Court brings a timeless, classic ambiance alongside a tantalizing menu that combines American cuisine with European Influences. Their menu includes timeless favorites that everyone will enjoy. Stop by this sophisticated restaurant at 1912 North Arlington Heights Rd.
- A La Mode Collections: Located at 13 East Campbell St, this beautiful boutique is more than just a retailer, they’re a family. Someone is always in the store and ready to assist with styling, fashion consulting, or gift selection. A La Mode actively participates in fundraisers and contributes to local, non-profit organizations. You’ll definitely want to stop in this local boutique.
- Beer on the Wall: This craft beer retail store and beer cafe has 12 rotating drafts and plenty of beer for on-site consumptions. Beer on the Wall has found a way to combine the friendly service and social atmosphere of a coffee shop with the focused selection of a specialty beer store. Located at 2 N Dunton Ave, this is the perfect place to relax and hang out with friends.
- Arlington International Racecourse: Whether you’re looking for a fun and exciting day out with friends, a casual and charming afternoon at the races, or a sophisticated and stylish family get-together, Arlington International offers an extraordinary experience for everyone! Place your bet on a race, take part in a fun event, or settle in for some fine dining. You will definitely enjoy your time here! Arlington International is located at 2200 W Euclid Ave.
- Mitsuwa Marketplace: Immerse yourself in the exhilarating aromas, sights, and flavors of Japan at the Mitsuwa Marketplace. Located at 100 E Algonquin Rd, this charming marketplace has something for everyone to enjoy. You’ll find a vast selection of high-quality foods and beverages, a food court, speciality shops, and cultural events. With so much to enjoy, it’s easy to see why Mitsuwa draws visitors from across the state!
- Metropolis Performing Arts Centre: If you’re looking for a night of entertainment with loved ones, look no further! Located at 111 W Campbell St, the Metropolis is the premier Chicagoland destination for professionally-staged musicals, comedies, national touring acts, shows, and regular engagements with Chicago’s Second City. Come on over for a fun night out!
- Promenade of Art: Every year in June, over 100 artists flood Arlington Heights for the Promenade of Art. The streets of Vail and Campbell are filled with photography, jewelry, pottery, clothing, and more! This is a weekend you won’t want to miss.
- Arlington on Tap Craft Beer Fest: Enjoy your favorite craft beer or explore the wide range of brewing styles and flavors at this annual event. Every September, the Arlington on Tap Craft Beer Fest is held in the lot of the downtown Jewel on Vail. Come by and experience a wide range of craft beers.
- Holiday Happenings at Harmony Park: This fun December event includes holiday wagon rides, caroling, food, and a petting zoo! There’s something for everyone to enjoy at this festive holiday celebration.
Arlington Heights is the perfect place to buy property. You’ll find this charming town has lots to offer in the way of culture, history, and entertainment. To learn more about new homes available in this neighborhood, click here.