Now is the time to purchase a property in beautiful Algonquin, Illinois. Prospective buyers should consider this northwest suburb for its cost, community, and convenience. Another reason to make the move is that Algonquin has over 30 thousand residents and a great amount of ethnic and economic diversity. There are many excellent schools and parks in the area, making it an ideal place to raise a family. Here are some more reasons to make the move to Algonquin.
There are many reasons to buy real estate in Algonquin. According to Zillow, the average home value is currently $300,685 which is much lower than many of its neighboring cities. In addition to the low cost, Algonquin is a very convenient place to live. The city has a walk score of 25, which means that most errands can be achieved by car. It does, however, have a bike score of 50, which means it is fairly easy to get around on your bike. These convenience factors will vary based on the exact location of your property. Another great reason to move to Algonquin is its proximity to Chicago. You can make it downtown in 1 hour if you take I-90 E.
- Cucina Bella: This award-winning restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Algonquin at 220 S Main St. They offer authentic Italian cuisine accompanied by a vast selection of wine and desserts. Additionally, Cucina Bella embraces a true Italian dining experience by combining creative dishes with recipes that are “just like Nonna’s”. Enjoy this special restaurant with your family, friends, or significant other.
- Montarra: Located at 1491 S Randall Rd, this hidden gem is one of the most unique spots in town. As you enter the restaurant, you will be greeted by a blue Chihuly-inspired chandelier and a relaxing 20-foot water wall. Montarra serves contemporary American cuisine from their carefully curated menu. This restaurant is sure to exceed even the most discerning diner’s expectations.
- Bold American Fare: You’ll taste real farm-to-table freshness at Bold American Fare. Located at 8 S Main St, this restaurant serves every dish in a new and creative way. You’ll feel welcomed and comforted in this delightful atmosphere. From the ingredients in their dishes and cocktails to the attitude of every staff member, Bold American Fare will offer a level of comfort that is pure and hearty.
- Port Edward: Overlooking the beautiful Fox River in Algonquin, this restaurant has been serving award-winning food in a unique and inviting atmosphere for more than 55 years. Port Edward has earned a reputation as a truly unique seafood restaurant by serving high-quality food prepared and presented with care and attention to detail. Relax and enjoy as their talented crew creates a dining experience you’ll never forget. Visit them today at 20 W Algonquin Rd.
- Algonquin Commons: The Algonquin Commons mall is staffed with friendly professionals who are ready and willing to help you will all of your shopping needs. This trendy outdoor shopping mall has everything from hip kid’s fashions to modern looks for men and women. Additionally, you can get sporting gear, shoes, accessories, and more all in one convenient location. Come explore the Algonquin Commons at 1900 S Randall Rd.
- Golf Club of Illinois: Prepare yourself for an unparalleled golfing experience! Perfect for golfers of any skill level, this course can be found at 1575 Edgewood Dr. Test your accuracy with the course’s fairways, water hazards, and sand traps. Your game will definitely improve after a round of golf at GCI!
- Fox Valley Pottery: Located at 2743 W Algonquin Rd, this veteran-owned family business has something for everyone! From mugs to signs, you can make just about anything your heart desires. Come in with your family or friends to design and paint your very own pottery!
Algonquin continues to stand out as a prime location in Illinois. Additionally, this quaint town continues to help the Chicago housing market maintain a steady growth. If you are looking for a great neighborhood in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, Algonquin might be the perfect place for you! To learn more about homes in this area, click here.