For many, St. Patrick’s Day is a way to get out of the house and have some fun, whether with friends, family or both. Holiday festivities stretch across the state, and Poplar Grove residents have a wide range of options to celebrate.
Here are five fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day near homes in Poplar Grove:
- Deer Park St. Paddy’s 5K Run/Walk. Burn some calories ahead of the big day with a 5K on March 16. Enjoy live Irish music and get ready for a kiss under the “Kiss me I’m Irish” arch. Green sodas, chocolate gold coins and more await runners and walkers at the finish line.
- Bubble Festival. Take the kids to the Discovery Center Museum on March 15 to celebrate National Bubble Week. Don’t miss Geoffrey Akins, a celebrity in the bubble world, as well as other soapy fun. Kids will love all of the bubble art and activities.
- Party at the Grove. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with food and drinks at the Grove Bar & Grill on March 15. Live music will be provided by local band Rout 38, a country band with kick.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Party. Downtown Rockford is proud to host its 36th annual parade and party on Saturday, March 15. A party will follow the parade with Irish food like corned beef and cabbage and chocolate whiskey cake at the Clock Tower Resort. Entertainment is provided by the City of Rockford Pipe Band, Irish and Scottish dancers and Irish music. Games and crafts for kids will be in a special children’s area open from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Weekend of Fun at Suds O’Hanahan’s. Try an Irish breakfast Friday through Monday at this popular pub, plus live music and more. Suds O’Hanahan’s is located in Beloit, Wisconsin, just a short drive from homes in Poplar Grove.
Residents love living in Poplar Grove because of its small town feel but also enjoy the convenience of living close to activities and fun for all ages. Gerstad Builders offers homes starting at $162,990 in the Trails of Dawson Creek community in Poplar Grove. Gerstad is known as a builder that works with buyers to customize their homes to fit their needs. Learn more about homes built by Gerstad in Poplar Grove and other McHenry County areas by visiting www.gerstadbuilders.com or by calling 815-385-4495.