- CTA Penny Rides: The Chicago Transit Authority is continuing to offer its Penny Ride program this year. You can ride on any CTA bus and train for one penny from 10 p.m. on December 31 through 4 a.m. on January 1.
- Commitment Day 5K Run/Walk: If staying active is on your New Year’s resolution list, why not start off 2013 with a 5k race? The Commitment Run kicks off at Grant Park and registration is $39.
- Rock in the Zoo Year at Brookfield Zoo: This is a great event if you have little ones! The Brookfield Zoo is hosting a New Year’s bash with music, games and party favors. The event kicks off at 6 p.m. and is free with standard zoo admission.
- Skate Late Event at the MB Financial Park in Rosemont. This rink is open until 1 a.m. on New Year’s, so grab some friends and ring in the New Year on ice.
- Improv Shows at the Laugh Factory and Comedy Sportz. The Laugh Factory is offering shows at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., and ticket packages include a Laugh Factory gift certificate, party favors and a champagne toast. Comedy Sportz is offering a kid friendly show with start times at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
No matter where the Chicago real estate you call home is, there are lots of fun events to choose from!